I came across a blog this morning and I wanted to share it with you.
Fiona from Comment By Fiona said it perfectly yesterday.
The 43rd President of the United States has given his final press conference to the White House Press Corps acknowledging that 'not finding weapons of mass destruction was a significant disappointment'. Expired President George W Bush has just eight days left in his ever so memorable and tumultuous presidency. Like many US Presidents before him, there appears to be many people just waiting to push him out the door. Here's hoping the shining light that is Obama can lift us all from the financial and spirtual mess we're in.
I have to admit never liking the man and I certainly wouldn't have left him in charge of a vegetable plot, never mind a country. BUT he was a reliable source of entertainment over the last eight years providing us with a constant flow of laughable quotes, never mind the pretzel incident. So in recognition of all that here's what I think are some of the 43rd President's best 'Bushisms':
1. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Missouri., Sept. 6, 2004
2. "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, South Carolina., Jan. 11, 2000
3. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
4. "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tennesse, Sept. 17, 2002
5. "First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill." Washington DC, 19 May, 2003
6. "This thaw -- took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." --George W. Bush, on liquidity in the markets, Alexandria, Louisiana, Oct. 20, 2008
7. "I didn't grow up in the ocean -- as a matter of fact -- near the ocean -- I grew up in the desert. Therefore, it was a pleasant contrast to see the ocean. And I particularly like it when I'm fishing." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2008
8. ''I think it was in the Rose Garden where I issued this brilliant statement: If I had a magic wand -- but the president doesn't have a magic wand. You just can't say, 'low gas.'" --George W. Bush, Washington D.C., July 15, 2008
9. "I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 26, 2008
10. "We've got a lot of relations with countries in our neighborhood." --George W. Bush, Kranj, Slovenia, June 10, 2008
11."I understand small business growth. I was one." New York Daily News, 19 February, 2000
12. "We want people owning their home -- we want people owning a businesses." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 18, 2008
13. "I thank the diplomatic corps, who is here as well." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 12, 2008
14. "Removing Saddam Hussein was the right decision early in my presidency, it is the right decision now, and it will be the right decision ever." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 12, 2008
15. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.'' Townsend, Tennessee, 21 February, 2001
And what's the quote that best describes his exit from the Presidency??? ..... "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." Washington DC, 12 May, 2008
I certainly look forward to listening to a President who is a bit more skillful with words....
(photo from independent.co.uk)
Thank you Fiona I couldn't have said it better myself.