Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gluten Free Nutella,Peanutbutter, Chocolate Chip Cookies


Happy World Nutella Day 2011


Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso (and Shelley from At Home in Rome, in spirit) solemnly declare Saturday, February 5th “World Nutella Day 2011″ – a day to celebrate, to get creative with, and most importantly, to EAT Nutella.

I haven't posted much lately mainly because of my new Gluten Free lifestyle.
I am still learning how to live my new lifestyle ,but as this day slowly approached I knew I had to figure out a way to incorporate Nutella into my life. The result is a yummy cookie that makes being Gluten Free a whole lot easier!
Now I have to keep reminding myself that although they are Gluten Free they are NOT fat free so over indulgence is not an option ...but you can't eat just one!

1 cup of Nutella
1 1/2 cups of chunky All Natural Peanut Butter
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (whatever kind you prefer)






Directions:
1-Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
(Prepare your cookie sheets-I used Silpat Mats to make my cookies because nothing ever sticks-but you can use parchment paper if you prefer)
2-Combine Nutella ,peanut butter,eggs, and sugar and mix until smooth. I used a hand mixer -the mix might be a little thick but the mixer helped me insure a smooth mix.
3-Mix in Chocolate Chips by hand. Spoon dough by tablespoons onto cookie sheet.
4-Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned.
(do not over cook or the cookie will be very crunchy)
Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes before removing.



**Note- if you notice that your mix is a little too loose and your cookies spread out too much add a bit more peanut butter to your mix...it will help them keep their shape. Also do not over cook them because they will spread out too much.

**I also made these cookies with smooth peanut butter and walnuts-they were just as yummy!

2 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I love the peanut butter/Nutella combo; thanks so much for participating, and Happy World Nutella Day, Susan!

Johanna GGG said...

I have made these gf cookies with just peanut butter eggs sugar and choc chips but the addition of nutella must take then to another level - heavenly!