Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our quiet dinner on the 14th...




We stayed home for Valentines Day.
I had some Cornish Hens in the freezer and I thought they might make a fun celebration meal for just the three of us!
My hens came out great- they were well seasoned and finished off with a light touch of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce.
I put together an veggie mix of Kale, Chick Peas ,jalapeno diced tomatoes and garlic served over rice. It came perfect!
I made a sweet potato for me and baked potatoes for my husband and son (they won't go near sweet potatoes...more for me!)
I finished it off with a side salad with olive oil and balsamic!
SQUISITO!





While we were enjoying our little celebration...the UPS man came to the door - I received this gorgeous vase of tulips from my sons girlfriend who is stationed in Japan. What a wonderful surprise. They are gorgeous Jess and they really touched my heart! Thank you.


I don't want to forget to mention the gorgeous roses my husband brought me.
I love them.



4 comments:

Meg said...

What a lovely way to spend Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

ou were spoiled, I love that!

Bunny said...

Your dinner looks wonderful and the flowers are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

You were treated very well on Valentine's day! :)