Saturday, November 1, 2008

Today's Pot of Comfort Food

Turkey Sausage, Kale, White Beans and Pasta


Turkey Sausage
Diced Onions
White Beans
Diced Tomatoes
Kale
Small pasta
Salt and pepper to taste




I don’t really measure when I cook so I will describe what I did.

I bought a large package of Italian flavored turkey sausage and removed it from its casing –I broke it up and sautéed it with chopped onions.

Meanwhile, I cooked a bag of cleaned and chopped kale in a pot of boiling water. When it was just tender I drained it.

In another pot I boiled a cup of small pasta- whatever your family likes.
I happen to have a box of Barilla Piccolini mini wheels …so I used some of that.

To my pot of sausage I added a can of diced tomatoes and a small (15 oz can) of white beans.
I also chopped the kale a little bit more and added it to my pot.
I turn the heat down and let everything simmer so the flavors blend together.
Once it is ready I tossed in my pasta wheels. (*don't throw them in too early they will over cook and fall apart)

I served it with a salad and a loaf of crusty bread.


***I also made a pan of hot peppers, tomatoes and potatoes today so we had them too. Boy they were HOT!!!

It was filling- delicious and had a little of everything good.

No comments: